- Delaware incorporation services
- Legal advice and consulting for startup founders
- Restricted stock agreements
- Shareholder agreements
- Convertible debt financing instruments
- Employee stock option plans
- Trademark consulting
Working with innovative startups is why BeaconLegal was founded. Whether you’re one person in an apartment, three people in a garage, or a practiced team actively pitching VCs, we can help you create a firm legal foundation for your company, its leadership, and its shareholders.
As a Boston startup lawyer, Attorney James Cormier is a seasoned counselor, adept at advising startups in industries ranging from technology, software development, and biotechnology to professional services, real estate development, and more.
Whether you need corporate formation, contract drafting, or legal advice on seed funding, we have the startup resources and expertise to help you get where you’re going. And best of all, we’ll do it for less.
General Business Law
- Corporate formation services (LLC, corporation, partnership, etc.)
- Business startup and planning
- Mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Sales, services, and distribution contracts
- Outside general counsel services
- Financing agreements
- Intellectual property consulting
BeaconLegal is a full-service business law practice. We work with small business, emerging businesses, and established companies to provide a variety of legal services to help you form, build, and grow your firm.
Corporate formation services, contract drafting and implementation, and trademark and copyright consulting are all major parts of our practice. We assist business owners every day to create new companies, write the agreements that make those companies run, and protect the intellectual property that adds value to their brands.
One thing we’re particularly proud of is our experience in serving as outside general counsel to small and medium-sized companies. For business owners who don’t have in-house counsel, having an experienced attorney to turn to for advice, document review, or negotiation assistance can be indispensable.
E-Commerce, Software Development, and Technology Law
- Website terms and conditions
- Software as a service (SaaS) agreements
- Software and web development contracts
- Privacy policies and compliance
- Copyright/DMCA policies
- Internet law, technology services agreements, licensing, and more
We work with companies in a variety of industries, but most of our clients tend to be in the tech fields. We have experience advising clients in software development, SaaS, biotechnology, and other high technology industries. Our principal attorney, James D. Cormier, has a background in web development and a working knowledge of software development and technology.
- Employment agreements
- Confidentiality (nondisclosure) and noncompete agreements
- Severance agreements
- Employee handbooks, policies, and procedures
Our work with businesses involves employment law issues on multiple levels and in multiple contexts. Especially for newly formed companies just getting on their feet, employment-related issues can be daunting.
We can help you build your employment solutions from the ground up, with comprehensive employment agreements, ongoing consulting regarding issues of employment law, and drafting of employee handbooks and company policies that will protect both your company’s assets and your employees’ rights.
Trusts & Estates
- Revocable and irrevocable trusts
- Living wills
- Health care proxies
- Medicaid / Medicare planning
BeaconLegal offers a wide range of estate planning services, including the drafting and execution of wills, trusts, and other final directive instruments.
Attorney James D. Cormier has extensive training in trusts and estates, and has often assisted individuals in setting up their personal estates and planning for their family’s financial future.